Need a Permanent Solution? Implant Supported Dentures Can Help
Regular dentures rest on top of the gums and may cause some level of bone deterioration. They can also cause complications such as gum irritation, a loose fit, or make clicking sounds when talking or eating. Implant dentures are anchored in the mouth through dental implants to prevent any looseness or slipping. They are often used in the lower jaw area where removable dentures are less stable, but can be placed in the upper jaw as well.Learn More About Dental Implants
Implant Supported Dentures
The Two Types of Implant Supported Dentures
- When you receive bar retained dentures, you will have three or more dental implants placed into the jaw bone. Metal bars are placed along the gums between these implants and the denture rests on top of the bars. This type of structure secures the placement of dentures without the need for a set of steel studs, as used in ball retained dentures.
- Ball retained dentures are designed with a ball and socket mechanism, where the base of the denture has several sockets that line up with balls attached to the tops of dental implants that have integrated with the jaw bone. The balls and sockets fit together to create a secure fit, and also allow for an open palate denture. This type of connection is less likely to slip and move, and restores the ability to speak and eat properly.
Permanent Implant Dentures Improve Your Lifestyle
Implant supported dentures are attached to dental implants to create a secure and tight fit. They can be removed for regular cleaning, but you can also choose to have fixed implant supported dentures that work just like your natural teeth.
Implant supported dentures are secured on top of dental implants, and this secure connection eliminates any type of looseness or risk of slipping. Implant supported dentures are designed in such a way that they can be removed for cleaning when needed. If you choose fixed implant supported dentures instead, your dentures function just like permanent teeth.
Many patients prefer implant supported dentures because they eliminate the rubbing and discomfort associated with traditional dentures. For more information about implant dentures and dental implants in San Diego, CA, set up your consultation with Dr. Huamán and Dr. Flores today!
The Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
- More stability
- No more discomfort associated with dentures
- Secure fit and hold
- Ability to speak and eat with confidence
- No embarrassing noises or clicking sounds